Feeling Good for Schools
Feeling Good for Schools is made up of two six-week wellbeing and resilience programmes that take a non-stigmatising approach to positive mental health. The programme is led by teachers and delivered by our charity, The Foundation for Positive Mental Health. Read more about our charity here
Free Access For Schools
Due to a recent successful funding application, we're delighted to be able to offer up to 10 UK state schools free access to our Feeling Good For Schools Programme for S1/S2/KS3 pupils in either the spring or summer term.
Through the programme and following training, teachers teach pupils skills for coping with life's challenges. Free access includes 6 weeks of lessons, weekly audio tracks for pupils to listen to at school, free access to our Feeling Good Teens app for home listening, free access to our adult app, Feeling Good: Mental Fitness for school staff and parents/carers, online training that can be accessed at your convenience and downloadable pupil booklets for you to print and use in lessons.
If this sounds like something your school would benefit from, please complete an application form by Friday 4th November. We'll let you know the outcome by Monday 21st November, ready for you to deliver the programme in either the spring or summer term 2023.
“[the narrated powerpoints] made it [adapting to Covid] a million times easier, because then all that happened was, [the teacher] just had to stick it on [...] you sent through all the online materials. I mean the communication and what we’ve had back from you has been amazing [...] it’s been fantastic to allow us to finish the course. So yeah that’s been fantastic!”
- Teacher delivering our programme, 2020/21
Independent evaluation of Feeling Good for Schools
- Those pupils with the lowest 20% resilience and wellbeing scores at the start of the programme have significant improvement in resilience and wellbeing compared to those with the top 80% of scores, indicating that the programme is helping those who need it the most.
- 84% of pupils responding to the class survey found benefit in the programme, such as:
- feeling more calm and relaxed
- feeling less stressed
- having better concentration
- having more confidence.
- Pupils in the programme were significantly more able to maintain their resilience (feelings of hope) (p=0.056) compared with those in the control group.
Watch our short video to learn more:
Our Schools Work
- Feeling Good for Schools is made up of two 6-week programmes consisting of both taught, whole-class sessions, and daily listening exercises. It is embedded into the curriculum, led by teachers, and supported by us.
- We’re helping schools enhance pupils’ skills with a pioneering, research-based approach, designed to embed non-cognitive skills, such as resilience, into the classroom and curriculum with a specially adapted positive mental training programme for young people.
- We want everyone to be equipped with the skills to be able to cope with the challenges in life, face the ups and downs and thrive. Which is why we have tailored our NHS-endorsed Positive Mental Training Programme to fit seamlessly into your current curriculum.
- Nesta Future Ready and Follow On Fund Grant Winners - Feeling Good is a proud winner of a grant which funds global innovation supporting projects that are tackling significant contemporary challenges.
What Teachers Say
“For me, having them doing it (listening to audios) at the start of the lesson was more beneficial because they were calmer and they were more able to learn because they were settled."
“I was really impressed with the kids response actually, it was pretty remarkable”
Who can benefit from Feeling Good?
- Everyone, both staff and students
- Those who are anxious
- Students with low self-esteem or confidence
- Children with special learning needs, such as autism
- Pupils who are having difficulties at home
- Children experiencing problems at school, for example bullying
How do younger minds benefit from Feeling Good?
- Increased Mindfulness & Wellbeing
- Deeper Relaxation
- Can Navigate Problems
- Strong Resilience Skills
- Improved Self Confidence
- Improved Self Esteem
- Better Relationships
- Greater Focus & Concentration
- Positive Self-Perception
- Coping Mechanisms
How do schools benefit from Feeling Good?
- Whole-class approach, mental strength skills training for all.
- Holistic programme that covers
- teacher training,
- Feeling Good audio apps for whole school: staff, parents/carers, and pupils,
- structured class activities for two 6 week programmes
- delivered over the first 2 years of senior school.
- Specialists materials developed by doctors, psychologists and teachers.
- Developed by specialists, delivered by teachers.
- Easy to use digital tools. Flexible to teachers' needs and to helping teachers deliver their service.
Schools who have used Feeling Good
Bolder Academy , Forrester High School, Kingsbury Green, Ladybridge High School, Liberton High School, Royal High School and St Augustine's RC High School and many more........
Increase your pupils' wellbeing and confidence with Feeling Good
Feeling Good can be used with an entire class or as an intervention method for students who may require additional support.
If you’re interested in implementing Feeling Good in your school as part of your wellbeing approach, we would love to hear from you.