- Nesta Future Ready and Follow On Fund Grant Winners - Feeling Good is a proud winner of a grant which funds global innovation supporting projects that are tackling significant contemporary challenges.
- We’re helping schools enhance pupils’ skills with a pioneering, research-based approach, designed to embed non-cognitive skills, such as resilience, into the classroom and curriculum with a specially adapted positive mental training program for young people.
- We want everyone to be equipped with the skills to be able to cope with the challenges in life, face the ups and downs and thrive. Which is why we have tailored our NHS-endorsed Positive Mental Training Programme to fit seamlessly into your current curriculum.
Independent evaluation of Feeling Good for School
- 84% of pupils responding to the class survey found benefit in the programme, such as
- feeling more calm and relaxed
- less stressed
- having better concentration
- more confidence.
- Pupils in the programme were significantly more able to maintain their resilience (feelings of hope) (p=0.056) compared with those in the control group.
What Teachers Say
“For me, having them doing it (listening to audios) at the start of the lesson was more beneficial because they were calmer and they were more able to learn because they were settled."
“I was really impressed with the kids response actually, it was pretty remarkable”
Who can benefit from Feeling Good?
- Everyone, both staff and students
- Those that are anxious
- Students with low self-esteem or confidence
- Children with special learning needs, such as autism
- Pupils who are having difficulties at home
- Kids experiencing problems at school, bullying for example
How do younger minds benefit from Feeling Good?
- Increased Mindfulness & Wellbeing
- Deeper Relaxation
- Can Navigate Problems
- Strong Resilience Skills
- Improved Self Confidence
- Improved Self Esteem
- Better Relationships
- Greater Focus & Concentration
- Positive Self-Perception
- Coping Mechanisms
How do schools benefit from Feeling Good?
- Whole class approach, mental strength skills training for all.
- Holistic programme that covers
- teacher training,
- Feeling Good audio apps for whole school staff and pupils,
- structured class activities for two 6 week programmes
- delivered over the first 2 years of senior school.
- Specialists materials developed by doctors, psychologists and teachers.
- Developed by specialists, delivered by you.
- Easy to use digital tools. Flexible to your needs and helping you deliver your service.
Schools who have used Feeling Good
Bolder Academy , Forrester High School, Kingsbury Green, Ladybridge High School, Liberton High School, Royal High School and St Augustine's RC High School and many more........
Increase your pupil’s wellbeing and confidence with Feeling Good
Feeling Good can be used with an entire class or as an intervention method for students who may require additional support.
If you’re interested in implementing Feeling Good in your school as part of your wellbeing approach, we would love to hear from you.