Business Development Manager
£40,000 pro rata (part time contract)
Who we are looking for
We’re looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to become an integral part of our small team by defining our sales strategy as we rapidly scale our business to attract investors. We’re looking for someone with SaaS sales experience to be responsible for nurturing, building and growing relationships, with a track record of closing high value deals. Ideally you can also demonstrate knowledge of marketing skills, such as social media or brand management.
Who we are and what we do
Feeling Good helps you recover from stress, anxiety and depression by building resilience and creating positive feelings. But we’re more than just another mindfulness app.
Feeling Good’s passion, authority and unique self-development focus, based on Olympic sports performance psychology, sets us apart from our competitors. 80,000 patients have established confidence and coping mechanisms through Feeling Good, which is recommended by the NHS.
What we want to do next
Positive Rewards is a small business built on evidence and delivered with passion. Since 2004 we’ve evolved organically - but it’s now time to strategically expand our reach with a number of large-scale contracts in the UK and beyond.
We recently launched a rebranded version of the Feeling Good app, as well as its new offshoot Feeling Good Teens. We already have roots in the NHS, public sector workforces, universities and local communities, where we provide in-app codes so that the end user has free access to all content. There is more work to do in these areas, however, and we’re also open to your suggestions and ideas for growth.
Role and responsibilities
- Develop, maintain and execute a sales plan focusing on growth strategies.
- Proactively identify and target customers, then build sales strategies for specific customer accounts.
- Focus on acquiring new customers by leading pitches and presentations.
- Set KPIs, manage an opportunity pipeline and contribute directly to growth targets by negotiating agreements and closing deals.
- Maintaining existing relationships with key influencers and decision makers.
- Keep up to date records of sales and leads, including possible CRM set up.
- Report on overall findings, performance, and analyse improvement opportunities.
- Gather competitive analysis and industry insights to educate internal stakeholders and help inform product strategy, roadmap, pricing etc.
- Ensure continuous understanding of competitors, key products and technology relevant to our services, as well as industry developments.
- Help design a narrative that clearly communicates the value of our product.
- Support Marketing and Account Executive to create customer-facing material including web copy, videos, nurture emails, case studies, blog and social media posts, FAQs, webinars, etc.
- You have keen commercial awareness and at least 5 years experience in sales, preferably in a related industry, e.g. pharmaceuticals, sports or healthcare, and/or delivery of B2B digital services/SaaS technology.
- You understand the dynamics of working in a high growth start-up and can demonstrate autonomy and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and flexible environment.
- Your interpersonal skills mean you’re a team player who confidently collaborates directly with senior roles and can establish consensus among multiple stakeholders.
- You’re passionate about building and implementing new business development strategies, with proven account management skills.
- You have strong organisational and project management skills, with an acute understanding of how to produce measurable results.
- You understand segmentation strategies, articulating customer pain points, and crafting client-facing messaging.
- You’re creative, inquisitive and a keen problem solver who’s confident putting forward ideas.
Who we want to hear from
We want an outgoing, forward-thinking and experienced Business Development Manager who can help balance our ambitions to take on competitors and appeal to investors with steady, manageable growth.
We’d love to hear from driven individuals who would be interested in helping us achieve our goals. The position of Business Development Manager is ideal for a contractor or consultant; this is a part-time position reporting to the business owners and you will not be an employee of Positive Rewards. As well as remuneration, we’re open to negotiation on commission for the contracts you will secure and other agreed KPIs.
We’re hiring this role alongside Marketing and Account Executive and agencies are welcome to apply to take on both.
What you need to do now
Please send a CV and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22 March. Please also include a one page summary of how you would target UK universities as a sector for sales growth over the next 12 months, stipulating any anticipated budget requirements.
Want to find out more before you apply? We welcome your questions about the role or business at the above email address.